Best answer

New Contact in HubSpot - Find Record in Insightly

• 10 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Zapier community! I hope you’re all doing well. Can you help me figure out this Zap?

I’m trying to do the following: to ensure that every time a contact is created or updated in HubSpot, a record in Insightly is found. I’d like for Zapier to see if the email address of the contact created or updated in HubSpot already exists in Insightly. If it does, no further action is needed. If it doesn’t, I’d like for it to create a new contact. 

The fields to be synced would be basic ones such as name, email address, job title, company, and phone number.

What I’m doing is the following:
1. Contact Recently Created or Updated in Hubspot
2. Find Record in Insightly

Aaand this is where things get weird. Here’s what I’ve done, and the error message that I get:

Am I select one field wrongly? The thing is… I don’t see what other options would make any sense. Neither do I understand why the email is an “invalid field name”.

Please let me know if this is something you could help with. Thanks a lot!

Kindly,
Paulo

icon

Best answer by pauloguimaraes 17 March 2021, 13:04

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @pauloguimaraes 

You should be able to pick from a dropdown list and select the ‘Email’ field, rather than mapping a value.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone, thank you very much for helping out. That was not a possibility yesterday but I just tried to do that today and that field magically appeared as an option… I thought that would sort out things but no…

Please see below what I got:

Let me know if you have any idea why this is. Maybe I should contact the technical support team...

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @pauloguimaraes 

That is a valid response indicating no contact with that email was found.

You can check this by searching in Insightly for a contact with that email address.

This is where you’ll need to add additional logic to the Zap via Filters or Paths.

For example, if Contact Found = TRUE, then do XXX, else if Contact Found = FALSE, then do YYY.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone,

Thank you very much for helping out.

When I try to create an additional filter or path, however, I’m not given the option to select whether the contact was found or not. This is the only option I’m given:

Why am I not being given more options?

How do I address the response to the previous step (whether a contact was found or not)?

Kindly,
Paulo

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@pauloguimaraes 

In the Filter logic for the operator (middle field), you can select one of the 2 options at the bottom of the dropdown list ‘Exists’ or ‘Does not exists’ for a data point that would be returned such as the returned Insightly ID from the Find Record step.

Userlevel 1

Thank you very much, @Troy Tessalone. Weirdly, it was just a matter of refreshing and reconnecting HubSpot and Insightly - it’s now fixed. Have a great day!