Best answer

Is it Possible to create a Mailchimp Campaign and pick a template?

• 10 December 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3

Trying to send weekly email using content from a DB but I want my weekly email/campaign to use a template (design, logos, etc done in mailchimp).

However, in the Zap I don't see if it is possible. am I missing something?

Cheers,

S

icon

Best answer by PaulKortman 10 December 2019, 02:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@mmt

This is possible to do within Zapier's Mailchimp Integration.

Screenshot 2019-12-09 19.53.51.pngI'm not sure what your trigger would be (perhaps schedule, every Tuesday at 9am), but then you would have a step to "Create Campaign" which would create a campaign draft and then a step after that to "Send Campaign" -- so this would need to be a multiple step zap.

Userlevel 3

Yes, it is possible to create a campaign, 100% agree. But I don't see a way to select which template ID to use for this campaign. This can be done via code using Mailchimp's API. Even, in the API response from Mailchimp after a test/send you can see the field template_id in there. See screenshot below

Screenshot 2019-12-09 at 17.11.25.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@mmt You are right, the native Zapier/Mailchimp Integration does not allow you to choose a template.

You could either:

1. Make a webhook call to the Mailchimp API specifying the template_ID etc. OR
  2. Export the template as HTML and then paste the HTML in the native Zapier integration (Changing the content as you need/want to).

Userlevel 3

Thanks for the help Paul. Will look into these 2 suggested solutions!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @mmt I can see that @PaulKortman has given you some you some great suggestions here. I wanted to follow up to say that we do have an open feature request to add the option to choose a template in the Create Campaign step. I've added you as an interested user on that, so if it does get added, we'll let you know!