Skip to main content
Best answer

How to Bold the Header Row of a Google Sheet?

• 1 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi! I’m using Zapier to (1) create a spreadsheet from a template then (2) append rows into that spreadsheet from Airtable.

I’m trying to have just the header row be bold, but am having trouble. This is what I’ve tried:

(a) I made the header row bold in my template, so when it gets copied it is bold. However, when I’m appending new rows, those all end up being bolded as well. 

(b) I then tried “Format Spreadsheet Row” after the rows are added, but I’m unable to format multiple rows at a time. I wanted to use the looping feature to feed in all of the row numbers, but I’m unable to use that because because I’m already using the looping feature to feed in the data from Airtable into sheets. The system won’t let me have 2 loops.

Would love your help on this!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Hello123 

You would have to use the GSheets API via one of these GSheets Zap actions:

• Custom Action
  • API Request
Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks!! I finally managed to do it with some help from ChatGPT. If it’s helpful to anyone, here are the steps:

{
"requests": [
{
"repeatCell": {
"range": {
"startRowIndex": 0,
"endRowIndex": 1,
"startColumnIndex": 0,
"sheetId": 0
},
"cell": {
"userEnteredFormat": {
"textFormat": {
"bold": true
}
}
},
"fields": "userEnteredFormat.textFormat.bold"
}
}
]
}

Then it worked like a charm! Woot

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s fantastic, @Hello123! Great work on utilising ChatGPT to help get that API Request action working! 🙌

And thank you so much for sharing the solution with the Community here, it’s much appreciated! 🤗