Question

How do I send data from a master Zap to a second Zap without using Sub-Zaps?

• 7 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello i want to send data from a “Master-Zap” to a second Zap. I need Both Triggers in both Zaps, so Sub-Zaps dont work for me because they need the “Trigger” for the Sub Zap. Is there any other Solution?

in Master Zap i created a Google sheet with all Data and in the second Zap i want to update this sheet for all rows which “ID’s” match.  This should happen when the Trigger (a trello card is moved to another list) is happened, Appreciate every help

Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Dronlinehandel, welcome to the Community! 🎉 

If you’re wanting to the first Zap to trigger the second Zap instead of using a Sub-Zap, there’s a workaround you can try that uses Webhooks by Zapier. You can find out more about that here:

The workaround covers how to trigger multiple Zaps but the same principle can be applied to triggering a single additional Zap.

Alternatively, if it’s more that you’re wanting to create a second Zap that updates the relevant Google Sheets row when the Trello card is moved you could try the following setup:

• Trigger: New Activity (Trello) - select the Card Moved to/from List Activity would allow it to trigger when a card is moved to/from a list on a specific board.
  • Action: Lookup Spreadsheet Row (Google Sheets) - searches for the relevant row based on the Trello card’s ID (assuming that information is stored by the first Zap into the Google Sheet row?).
  • Action: Update Spreadsheet Row (Google Sheets) - uses the ID for the row output by the previous Google Sheets action to update the correct row as necessary.

If there are multiple rows that need to be found and updated then you’d instead want to use the Lookup Spreadsheet Rows (output as Line Items) and Update Spreadsheet Row(s) Google Sheets actions. 

Hope that helps! If I've misunderstood what you're looking to do or you run into any issues on that just let us know. Always happy to help further!

Jello thank you, this is exactly what i did before, but unfortunately the data I need for updating the Google Sheet are not in this Zap. They are in another Zap. So i would need access to that Data from other Zap. But Sub Zap does not work for me because they need the “Trigger” Place. My Trigger need to be as you said before: 

• Trigger: New Activity (Trello) - select the Card Moved to/from List Activity would allow it to trigger when a card is moved to/from a list on a specific board.

Also in the other Zap my Trigger is needed for something else.
Hope you can help me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for getting back to me here, @Dronlinehandel. 🙂

Can you confirm what data the second Zap would be missing that’s only available to the other “Master-Zap” Zap?

And can you also please what trigger and actions you’re using in that “Master-Zap” Zap?

If easier, you can share screenshots showing the triggers and actions in the Zap and what data you need to pass to the other Zap. Please remove/hide any private information from the screenshots before sharing (like names, email addresses etc.). That will help to give us a bit more context as to what your current Zap workflow looks like and what information you need it to pass to the second Zap, so we can better advise on how to best to go about that. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

This is the Master-ZAP (Trigger is required here as it is)
Here all Data from different Apps are collected and at the end the Google sheet will be created

And this is the other Zap, where the price from the Trello card should be taken and updated in the Google sheet (which was created in Master-Zap)

This is the Trello Trigger for the second Zap:

This is the Google Sheet.

And this is the Trello Card. Here the Price is inside and also the Request-ID (which is the same in the trello card and also in Google sheet)

Target: At the end in Column F (Row 10) there should be the number 200

Hope you understand what i mean now :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Dronlinehandel 

Try using the concept of a lookup table: