Question

How do I extract Google Form data, generate a report, and send details to CRM?

• 26 September 2023
  • 1 reply

I am totally new to Zapier. I have a google form that my candidates complete on my website. I need the data from this to be extracted, manipulated and then to generate a one off report which is emailed to myself and the candidate, with their contact details being sent to CRM. I have no idea how to go about this, if anyone can help. Thanks 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @Rick Palmer,

Welcome to the Community! 🎉

Here is how I see the Zap for the workflow that you have in mind:

1. Trigger: Google FormsNew Form Response - Once the trigger is set up, the Zap will automatically extract the data from the Google Form response for you.
  2. Action: Google DocsCreate Document from Template - You can set up a template in Google Docs and use the extracted data to populate the template for creating a report.
  3. Action: Gmail - Send Email - Attach the report created from the 2nd step and send it to both yourself and the candidate.
  4. Action: [CRM of your choice]Create or Update Contact (or a similar event, depending on your CRM) - You can check our list of supported CRM apps here: https://zapier.com/apps/categories/crm

Additionally, we have an amazing Community post by Danvers that might help with creating your workflow. You can check it out right here:

Hopefully, this helps! 😊