Question

How do I avoid Zapier emails going to spam & still automate lead emails for rentals?

Hi All - I’m new to Zapier and I’m using it to generate auto emails to new leads who inquire on a website about an available apartment for rent. Everything is working fine, but I was informed by a colleague that if I send too many emails through Zapier my email account will be flagged and will start getting routed to the recipients’ junk or spam folders. Can anyone confirm if this is true and what measures I might take to prevent it. The one idea I had was to have Zapier generate a draft email and then I manually click send but I”m not sure if that would work to prevent the email account from getting flagged. Any guidance here would be great appreciated. Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Zaprealtor,

Are we talking about sending welcome emails in response to a new lead on a form?  For example, reading through a filtered list of leads on a GoogleSheet?  If yes, how many emails will you process in a batch?  

The thing that comes to mind is a limitation on the email step (Zapier, Gmail, MS Outlook) in rapid sending the emails, and not so much about spam concerns.  Some email systems will block a large batch of outbound emails.  I always had the best luck with Gmail.

Suggestion, if you would like to give the potential customers a step up, inform them about future emails in the welcome letter and let them know the email account that will be used.  They could just add that account to their contacts to help with spam issues.  

Best regards,

Mike with Zap Support at GetUWired

Thanks Mike. The concern is that the receiving email servers have logic to recognize when incoming messages are sent by a third party as opposed to the actual owner of the sending account. I don’t know if this is true but have heard this is the case and that if you generate a large volume of emails eventually the receiving servers will figure out these are coming from a third party and route them to spam. I never send more than one email to a person on a given day but I do have Zapier send on average 30 emails to 30 different people all triggered at roughly the same time every morning. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Zaprealtor, welcome to the Community! 👋

It might be better to look into using an app that’s specifically designed for sending bulk or transactional emails to customers. You can view the full list of bulk (email newsletter type) and transactional email apps here:

Hope that helps. Please do keep us updated with how you get on here, keen to ensure you’re all set! 🙂

Thanks for the response. Given the lack of a definitive answer on this question I’m going to experiment with an email address for which I’m ok if it gets flagged as spam. If that happens I’ll then try one of the products mentioned which are intended for bulk emails.