Best answer

How do I automate sending Trello card attachments to client's email when moved to a specific list?

• 29 January 2024
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey.

I’m trying to automate the approval of the content we create for our clients, and my idea was: Every time a Trello card is moved into a specific list/column, the attachments on that same card are sent the client email by Gmail.

I’ve been searching for guides on this but haven’t found any. (If I need to add other apps like Google Drive it’s fine, as long as it’s atuomatic)

Can anybody help me soon?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 1 February 2024, 17:12

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @mamedia_mkt 

Try these Zap steps:

1. Trigger: Trello - Card Moved to List
  2. Action: Gmail - Send Email

Help article about sending files in Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/send-files-in-zaps

Userlevel 1

Hey, thanks for answering.

I already did that part, but on Gmail Attachments field I can’t find the right option. The ones I tried sent empty files to my email, when tested. (Such as word docs with the number “0”)

How can I actually send de attachments?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mamedia_mkt 

To help us have full context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured, along with the DATA OUT from the Trello step.

Userlevel 1

Here are the screenshots of the Trello card I’m using to test and the configurations I’ve tried in Zapier.

The problem is that the card attachments aren’t sending in the automatic e-mails. What can I do?

(In case it’s possible to make a quick meeting to help me out, I would appreciate)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mamedia_mkt 

Check the Attachments field description for guidance.

Help article about sending files in Zaps: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/send-files-in-zaps

You need to map a variable from Trello that include the file url or file object.

Userlevel 1

Ok I’m getting there I guess, but now it returned “While requesting "attachments" from Trello we ran into an error: The app returned "File not found".”

What is wrong now?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mamedia_mkt 

Try refreshing the Zap trigger examples you are using to test.

File objects like you are using are temp files that expire.

Userlevel 1

Didn’t work…

Is it possible for you to get in my account to solve it?

If not, please give me another solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mamedia_mkt 

Did you select a fresh/new example from the Zap trigger to use to test the Zap action?

What is the error now? (screenshot)

Userlevel 1

OMG it worked now!

Thanks Troy for you patience! For real.

You’ve helped a lot!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s an amazing news @mamedia_mkt! A huge thanks to Troy for pointing you in the right direction!

Happy Zapping! ⚡️