Best answer

How can I use a loop with table data?

• 7 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

How can I use a loop?

I have a Google Sheet spreadsheet with a phone number and information. This data is dynamic, so I always need different data. I need to send SMS from Twilio to the number that is associated with the information for this number in the table, is it possible to do this? i need a loop...

icon

Best answer by Danvers 9 November 2022, 11:34

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @SanyaCLAUSS 

Good question.

Check out this related topic:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @SanyaCLAUSS!

When you say that you’d like to the loop the Zap, do you mean that you need to run the same action (sending an SMS through Twilio) for more than one row in Google Sheets, or do you mean that you need the Zap to run more than once (eg once a day)?

If it’s the first one, then you can use the Find Many Spreadsheet Rows (With Line Item Support) action to find the rows that you need form Google Sheets and then use Looping by Zapier to send an SMS for each row. 

If you want to check the google sheet more than once (eg once a day) then you could use Schedule by Zapier to tell the Zap how often/when you’d like it to run and then use a Lookup Spreadsheet Row (if you want to send one SMS) or Find Many Spreadsheet Rows (With Line Item Support) (if you want to find more than one row) Google Sheets action. 

If you’d like a more detailed explanation of either of those options, could you share a bit more detail about what you’re trying to do?

• How many rows/SMS messages do you need to send at the same time
  • How often do you want to check for new or updated rows?
  • Do you have existing information in the sheet that you would like to use?
  • Do you want to send one message each time a row is added or updated?

I hope that’s clear, let us know if you have any questions!