Question

How can I send an email 14 days after a purchase date in Google Sheets using Zapier?

• 19 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I am creating a Zap that has two connects Google Sheets and Gmail. 

The updates in the sheets are purchases from the customers, here one of the columns is the date of the purchase. 

What I need to do is send an email after 14 days of this date but I can’t configure the filter for this. 

Does anyone knows how can I do this? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @fcolotto 

Good question.

Use Airtable instead of GSheets.

Airtable has a Formula field: https://support.airtable.com/docs/formula-field-reference

Airtable has Views, which are segments of data. (sort, filter, show/hide fields, reorder fields)

Airtable Views can be used to trigger Zaps.

Airtable has Automations.

Airtable Automations have a native integration with Gmail.

Userlevel 1

Hello @Troy Tessalone, thanks for your quick reply. 

The problem is that every purchase the customer makes already creates a  row in a Spreadsheet, that’s why I think I should use Google Sheets. 

As far as I understand, all I need is a way to make Zapier recognize something like “{Todays date} - 14 days”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@fcolotto 

Maybe try this…

1. Trigger: Schedule
  2. Action: Formatter > Date & Time > Format
  3. Action: GSheet - Lookup Row(s)
    1. Search by today’s day
  4. Action: Filter
    1. Make sure there are results returned
  5. Action: Looping - Create Loop from Line Items
  6. Action: Gmail - Send Email

Again, if you were to use Airtable, then once the data is in Airtable, Airtable Automations could be used to send the Gmail.

Userlevel 1

I have these fields. 

(Fecha = Purchase date) 

If this doesn't work I might try the Airtable option you're saying. But I don't understand how this is causing me so much trouble.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@fcolotto 

We’d need to see screenshots with how your Zap trigger step is configured.

The Filter step has no value set to compare against, which is why the warning is saying it won’t pass.

Userlevel 1

I did it! I didn’t notice but in Zapier there’s a step that it’s exactly for this. It’s called “Delay For”. 

Thanks a lot for your help @Troy Tessalone!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s great news @fcolotto! Glad to hear you were able to get it sorted and a big shoutout to Troy for assisting!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help!