Best answer

Helpdesk recommendation

• 17 February 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello!

I'm currently using Freshdesk as my Help Desk software and I'm able to create a user inside of Freshdesk via a Zap.

Once a user is added to Freshdesk, the normal flow would be to send them an email with an activation link. Sending this email happens from inside of Freshdesk and it automatically generates the activation link that it puts into the body of the email. When the user clicks the link, they are brought to the customer portal and have to create a password that they log into the portal with.

Here's the problem -- I don't want to have to log into Freshdesk to send the activation email to the user. My hope was that I'd be able to generate an activation link inside a Zap and include it in the 'Welcome' email that I send every new customer. At worst, I was hoping to at least trigger the activation email from within a Zap so that I wasn't forced to log into Freshdesk to activate every new customer.

Obviously, I don't expect the Zapier engineers to create Freshdesk integrations at a moment's notice. I get that that is something that is coordinated with the Freshdesk vendor.

However, does anyone know of a Help Desk solution that will allow me to automate more of the new customer enrollment process than Freshdesk does?

Because of this cool Zap technology, I'm able to build quite a sophisticated 'Welcome' email with lots of links and information that my customer will need moving forward. I hate the idea of having to make them keep track of multiple emails from multiple software solutions just because they've become a customer.

Thanks!

Jeff

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 17 February 2020, 11:21

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

By the way, I've reached out to Freshdesk via email and I'm waiting to hear back from them.

Jeff

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @JeffB

So, most apps build their own Zapier integrations these days, so you'll do better lobbying Freshdesk for this directly.

It's also worth contacting Zapier, because they can add it to the user wishlist they share with Freshdesk. You can open a ticket here: https://zapier.com/app/contact-us