Best answer

Get the image from its public URL to upload it in Wordpress

• 5 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello all,

To automate a lot of posts to social medias et wordpress, I have a Google Sheet with the title, the text and the public URL to the image I use.

I have a tool that automates the social medias parts, but I can’t find how to finish the wordpress part. I want to create a media file into Wordpress, but to do so I need to have in entry the file. For the moment, I only have its public URL.

Do you know if there is a way to have the file using its URL ?

Thank you,

Regards

Ben

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 7 September 2023, 16:48

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Benpapp 

Good question.

Try using this Zap action: WordPress - Upload Media

Userlevel 1

Hello @Troy Tessalone,

Thanks for your reply !

Unfortunatly, this ZAP action is the one I want to use. But the entry must be a file, and it does not work with a URL.

I managed to make it work (for example) with an attached image in an email, but not with the URL of the image. My idea is that I have to transform the URL of this image into the file itself…

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Benpapp

The file field should accept a file object or a file url.

Make sure you are using a public direct download link for the file.

If the images are hosted on GDrive, then you can get the correct link using this tool: https://sites.google.com/site/gdocs2direct/

Can you post an example file link?

Can you post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to help give us more context?

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your answer !

I now use a formula in my spreadsheet to transform the URL into GDrive downable one !

Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Cool! I’m glad Troy was able to point you to the right direction @Benpapp!

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Community. We’re always happy to help! 😊