Best answer

Email field missing from Canceled Subscription in Stripe

Hello, as I could see here: 

there is a problem when activating the “canceled subscriptions” trigger with stripe. I need this option in order to remove the user from a MailerLite group, and add it to another group.

Mainly the problem is that when activating this Zap, Stripe doesn’t offers the email field. ¿Do you have plans to solve it?

Thanks a lot.

German.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 10 January 2022, 16:16

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @germanjv 

If the Stripe trigger data includes the Customer ID, then you can use a Find Customer step in the Zap:

Thanks Troy,

I did it, but when I find the customer ID as you told me, how I translate it to it’s email in order to send an order to mailerlite to remove form certain group (subscribers) and add to another group (past subscribers)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@germanjv 

If you have the Stripe Customer ID, then use a Zap step for Stripe - Find Customer by ID, which should return the Customer Email.

Hello, it seems that is working. However, when looking for a customer by ID, as a query it looks for one personal Customer ID. ¿What happens when real customers start buying my products? Will this be applied to all the customers ID or only to the one selected below:

@germanjv It looks like its a dynamic value so it will be set for all future events for every one of your customers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@germanjv

When you map a variable via the ‘custom’ mapping option, that means the data will be dynamic each time the Zap Runs.

You can change the trigger test data and see this in action: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

Try turning the Zap ON and testing.

Then check your Zap Runs for the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to see the data dynamically changing: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Hello Troy, thanks a lot.

I did as you told me and it seems it’s now working, but when sending info to Mailerlite it shows an error:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@germanjv 

Please post screenshots with how your Zaps step is configure for MailerLite.

When you see a placeholder {{variable}} like this it means the variable was missing/empty/null/blank.

The returned error indicate the email address is missing for the example you are testing with.

Make sure you have manually tested each of the previous Zap steps.

Make sure you have correctly mapped the email variable from a previous Zap step.

Hello, ok here you have:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@germanjv 

The example you are trying to manually test with has “No data” for the email field, thus the valid error.

Make sure to manually test and review your Zap Step 2.

And/Or try changing the trigger test data and testing each Zap step manually.