Question

Email contains keywords --> tag record into CRM

• 27 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello all,

general goal is to create a record in CRM once an email goes in. I have looked on the internet extensively but unfortunately not found the right thread :(

I would like to create tags for emails that contain specific keywords

Example:

If email content contains: “bathtub, toilet, toothbrush, shower” → set tag “bathroom”
If email content contains: “couch, table, dinner, TV” → set tag “living room”
+ fallback value; if keywords are not found: → set tag “house”

The emails that come in can be quite different, so would not use a parser.

I have thought about lookup table but it doesnt work because it cannot only extract the keywords. Would I have to use a zapier formatter “extract” beforehand?

Is there maybe also another way?

Cheers, Peter

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey there @Peter-brennt! Hmm. Maybe a better option would be to use a formula style step to pull those keywords out and set them to their respective tags? Here is an article that goes into much deeper and concise detail. 

My thinking is that you’d be able to set your “contains: “bathtub, toilet, toothbrush, shower” → set tag “bathroom”” similar to how the article linked “color, shipping, variant, size” = ”shipping”. I look forward to hearing if this solution works out for you! Best of luck 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Peter-brennt 

Good question.

Try using a Filter step in your Zap with OR conditions: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help