Best answer

Disable the file download permission in Google Drive

• 21 March 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

# I have zap to copy the zoom recorded file to Google drive

# Once it is copied to Drive, want to update the permission from Checked to Unchecked  as shown below

Can you point to right solution for this problem

icon

Best answer by ken.a 24 March 2023, 05:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @onlineuniverse

There’s an Add File Sharing Preference action for Google Drive you could potentially use. It wouldn’t overwrite any existing file sharing settings but it would generate a new group that is given specific permissions.

So you could select the Sharing Preference of Anyone on the internet who has the link can view and comment for example. And it will generate a sharing link that you can give to others to allow them to only view and comment.

Does that Add File Sharing Preference action sound like it would be suitable for your needs here?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Sam for the response.

Requirement# Whenever new file uploaded by zap1, access automatically applies the permisiions from the folder. But want to remove download access. 

Error# Here are the steps followed but giving error for required field. Can you check and let me know

1. Does my steps correct in Action for removal of Download permission?
  2. if the action is correct, How to fix the error of required field “

Failed to create an add file sharing preference in Google Drive

The app returned "The permission type field is required.".”

Attached the screenshots for reference#

Please check the below error, not sure what field it is referring

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @onlineuniverse 

I looked at our internal notes and found this important note:

• Admin/owner permissions: The connected account must be the owner of the files and folder that the Zaps work with.

Could you please confirm if you’re the owner of the files and folder that the Zaps are working with?

Also, to help you further on this and be able to suggest workarounds, do you have a specific use case that I could help out with? If you can phrase it in the “When A happens in Service X, B should happen in Service Y” format, that’ll help me make sure I give you the best suggestion possible, so thank you in advance!

I want to make sure we're on the same page so I can point you in the right direction!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes I am the owner of that account (google)

Zap1# When new file uploaded to X folder in Google drive using zap1,  Uploaded file has download access by default for all users of that folder.

Zap2# When ever new file uploaded in that folder, this zap has to remove the access of download for that file

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @onlineuniverse,

Thanks for the clarification!

I did some digging into this, and it seems like the error: Failed to create an add file sharing preference in Google Drive. The app returned "The permission type field is required.". is coming from the “Sharing Preference” field.

Could you please try removing the mapped custom value. Like so:

d7c2eb916cfa4831b0c5b2b86e7a315e.png
(view larger)

After removing the mapped custom value, you must choose from the “Sharing Preference” dropdown field. Here’s what the “Sharing Preference” dropdown selection will look like:

0c520df9215c4e1d3460410c4dfd3405.png
(view larger)

Please give that a try, and keep us posted!

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge

Looks we dont have option to give the access to folder users (user1, user2, user3). 

I dont want to give permission either Organozation or Internet view only option.

Expepecting# 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @onlineuniverse,

It looks like the option to give access to specific users isn't supported at the moment. We do have an open feature request for this. 

I have added your vote to the open feature request. That does a few things:

- Bring this to the attention of the integration developers
- Help track interest in this feature being implemented
- Allows us to notify you via email if this feature becomes available in the future

While I don't have an ETA on when this feature might be implemented, we will notify you via email if it is!

Thanks! 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for the Update Ken, will be waiting for the feature asap