Best answer

Custom-coded forms to sync with Hubspot and Flodesk

• 29 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Hello there! I am hoping someone can help me to connect custom-coded forms to Flodesk via HubSpot.

As mentioned, I’ve been able to connect the website’s custom-coded forms to HubSpot, so I am getting the enquiry emails to follow-up with regarding bookings.

Within the form is a checkbox for ‘opting in’ to my email subscribtion list as well. Some click ‘yes’, some do not. Those who click ‘yes’ I want to auto upload to my Flodesk email list without having to manually add by creating and uploading a CSV. 

However, the only ‘zap option’ I can see from HubSpot to Flodesk is ‘new form submission’ to ‘create / update new subscriber’, whereas I need a specific detail to say ‘new submission form of those who clicked yes’, as it’s not every form contact I want to add to the email marketing list.

I’ve looked into having the zap auto-populate a google sheet with new forms submission details and then from google sheet to flodesk, but you could only specify new rows added, not specific columns marked ‘yes add to email marketing list’ for example. 

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, please and thank you!

icon

Best answer by andywingrave 29 April 2020, 13:43

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there! I think what you’ll need to use here is Zapier’s filter feature which will help you with allowing a Zap to proceed when a certain condition is met.

In this case your condition is Subscribe = “Yes”

https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

Many thanks for your quick reply, I will look into this!

Hi there, 

A follow-up to the question above:

As a workaround to sync the custom-coded enquiry form to HubSpot, the developer made the field a ‘single line text box’ and the value ‘1’ if it is checked. The value is empty if left unchecked, as they do not want to subscribe the emails. 

Now, when setting up the Zap, it’s confusing because the boolean ‘true’ does not work. All recent enquiries were sent the ‘welcome’ email, even though they didn’t check the box. 

I thought this ‘Exists’ would have worked.

Then ‘only if YES to Email Comms ‘exists’ does not work, because maybe it’s on each of the forms, whether or not the text box contains any value?

The ‘text matches exactly’ when I input the value of ‘1’ as the developer mention, that didn’t work.

I also tried using both number greater than 0 and number less than 2 to ensure, the number 1 was read and only those who received the email checked the box, which registers as ‘1’. 

I’m not sure what else I can try, so any insights would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @JBCreative!

Without seeing the Zap itself it’s a little tricky to know for sure, but can you try using Text Contains instead of the Text Exactly Matches option in the filter? Since the field type is “single line of text” I don’t think the number-related conditions will work. That might be the same for the boolean (true or false). With Exists if it comes through totally empty it should not pass, and if there’s a value, then it should pass.

Can you try using the option that checks to see if text contains a value rather than matching it exactly, to see if that works?