Question

Connecting GoToWebinar and Salesforce - where do I put my decision path?

• 2 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi everybody,

I’m a Salesforce Admin and new to Zapier. As my first integration project is really urgent, I would be really grateful to benefit from your experience. Here is what I have to do:

Our Marketing dept. hosts Webcasts on GoToWebinar. Attendees are invited by Email to register in GoToWebinar. Whenever somebody registers in GoToWebinar, this needs to be reflected in Salesforce, with these decisions and actions:

Is this person already a Campaign Member?

yes → update Campaign Member Status

no → next question

Is this person a Contact in SF?

yes → create Campaign Member, set Status

no → create Lead, create Campaign Member, set status

How would you do this - use Zapier to create a simple Lead in SF and then do all the searching and creating in Salesforce with a Flow? Or create a more complicated Zap and do all the work in Zapier? Is that possible at all?

I’m really looking forward to your feedback on how you would tackle this. I just can’t afford to lose time by backing the wrong horse… 

Thanks so much in advance!

Sabine

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Sabine 

Try something like Zap steps, but may need further clarification about your different Salesforce Objects (e.g. Contact, Lead, Campaign Member, and those relationships)

1. Trigger: GoToWebinar - New Registrant
  2. Action: Salesforce - Find/Create Record (Contact)
  3. Action: Salesforce - Update Record (Contact)
  4. Action: Salesforce - Add Contact to Campaign

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone,

Thanks for your input! After a lot of try and error, I finally managed to set up a Zap:

For every new Registrant, I first search for existing Campaign Members and/or Contacts. I then use the outcomes of Actions 2 and 3 for my paths in Action 4: Update existing Campaign Member, or Make Contact to Campaign Member, or Create new Lead (I already have a Flow in SF which automatically turns Leads into Campaign Members, so no need for further tasks in Zapier).

Actually, I’m quite proud of it :-)

Thanks again, I’m sure I’ll be back soon with more questions!

Sabine

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Great work on getting that all set up, @Sabine! It looks perfect! :heart_eyes:

And thanks so much for taking the time to circle back here and share your solution with the Community. I’m sure there will be plenty of folks here that will benefit from your solution!