Best answer

Compile multiple tracking numbers in Airtable or Google Sheets

• 3 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello, we’re using a 3rd party shipping software (Shippo) to purchase shipping labels from Shopify orders. I have an integration between Shopify and Shippo where when a label is purchased, Shippo adds the tracking number to Shopify and a tracking number is auto emailed to the customer. Great, works perfectly. Where I need to expand on this is for orders where we are shipping more than 1 package for a single order. I’d like to automatically compile those tracking numbers into a row. I have a zap that is triggered each time a label is purchased in Shippo. My idea is that maybe each tracking number is sent to google sheets or airtable as a new cell (column) in a row, with column A in that row being the order number. 

Zap 1: When order is created in Shopify, add a new row to google sheets with the order number populating column A.

Zap 2:

1. Shipping label is purchased in Shippo
  1. Lookup row in google sheets by order number 
  1. Update row in next available cell with tracking number from step 1? This is where I get lost. Can I update the next empty cell in the row found in step 2 with a tracking number? There may be 2 or 20 tracking numbers on different orders so I can’t specific which cell or column gets populated next, just needs to be last populated cell +1. I feel like this is simple and I’m just not seeing what I need.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 3 September 2023, 21:13

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

And maybe there is a better way to store these tracking numbers short term if anyone has any ideas. Once the first label is purchased, for our largest orders the last tracking label should be purchased within a 15 minute time frame. 

I’ll let the automation wait an hour or two to be sure all labels are purchased and then I’ll take the contents of the row and send them back to shopify. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @idealwellnesswa 

Good question.

You should put each combo of a Shopify Order ID and a Shippo Label ID on it’s own row in GSheets.

Then you can use one of these actions: