Skip to main content

Can Zapier manage other modes of payment aside from Credit card payment via Stripe?

• 6 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Hello all,

we would like to use Zapier together with GravityForms. After submitting the form, a payment link is to be created - this also works so far.

However, the problem is that on the payment page, only the credit card payment method is available. However, another payment method (giropay) should be displayed. In the Stripe dashboard, no payment methods can be managed for the Zapier API ("Zapier manages the payment methods for you - Zapier has not enabled you to manage payment methods from the dashboard.").

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Waiting on help with this also

Hey there, @shayanxyz! Thanks for reaching out in community - we definitely want to help!

Hmm, just so I’m clear on the dashboard is this what you’re seeing?

If so, cards are currently the only method supported with the “Create Payment Link” action at the moment. While I don’t have an ETA on when or if this will be implemented I’m happy to add your votes to an existing feature request to add support for other methods (Apple Pay, ACH, etc). This is the best way to stay informed if anything changes as we'll email you if this does go live. Let us know! 

In the meantime, you may be able to do this using a custom API request (beta) and the Stripe API. It’s worth mentioning this is considered a slightly more advanced approach so any support will be limited. That said,  if you’d rather not fuss you can always look into hiring a Zapier Expert to build this for ya! 🙂

Here’s a few more resources if you’re interested in giving that a shot:

If you were thinking of going a totally different direction though, definitely let us know!

Hi,

I would like to only choose one specific payment methode in the payment link. 

In my case I would only like IDEAL to appear, and no other methodes.

How could I enable that one? and disable the rest? Stripe told me I had to ask zapier for permission.

Thank you very much in advance!

Hi @thijs50500,

Unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment since the only allowed payment methods are credit cards. I have added you, @shayanxyz, and @zappinmyway as another interested members to the open feature request.

We can’t provide an exact timeframe for the feature’s implementation. However, we will keep you in the loop via email once the feature ships.

Thanks!

I have a follow-up question about this.

I want to have the Multibanco payment method enabled for our payment links.

This is extremely important as the credit card skepticism is pretty high and Multibanco is the generally accepted method here.

Also Zapier is managing the payment methods for me.

Why is that? Would it be possible to deactivate that and receive more payment methods to work with?

I don’t need the Create Payment Link Zap, but of course general automation upon New Payment Trigger.

Help would be very much appreciated! 

Thanks

Hello,

Please add me to the list of interested people as I have the same question that has been raised a couple of times here. 

Take care!
Bart

Hi @Scottbro and @BartUp,

Unfortunately, there is no other way to enable additional payment methods within Zapier when using the “Create Payment Link” action. I have added you to the feature request another interested members.

We will keep you in the loop via email once the feature has been implemented.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.