Best answer

Can I create a Zap to prompt Chatbase bot from a Slack channel and receive responses there?

• 29 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Let’s say I want to create a chatbot using Chatbase and train it on data about my business that myself and my team can use to do things like create content and sales pages etc.  Essentially, having all our data in one place to easily access.

Is it possible to create a zap where a question (prompt) is entered on a specific Slack channel it then send this prompt to the Chatbase bot which then returns the information to that Slack channel?

So, I see that this is possible with using ChatGPT, so in this case, instead of ChatGPT we are using Chatbase.

Would Chatbase be able to send responses back to the intended Slack channel?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 29 August 2023, 16:35

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @CoCo Kelly 

Good question.

Yes, this is possible.

1. Trigger: Slack - New Message Posted to Channel
  2. Action: Chatbase - Send Prompt
  3. Action: Slack - Send Channel Message
    1. Configure to be sent as a Thread
Userlevel 1

@troy

Thank you very much.  How would I configure it to be sent as a thread?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @CoCo Kelly! 👋

It’s been a while so you’ve likely already figured out how to configure it to be sent as a thread. But I just came across this and thought I’d pop in to clarify that to get the Send Channel Message action to post the reply into the thread, in the Thread field you’d need to select the timestamp (Ts field) of the parent message that triggers the Zap.

For example: 47713707ab90d1b68fa877033bab903e.png

Hope that helps you/anyone else who comes across this thread looking to do the same thing! 🙂

Userlevel 1

Thanks @SamB.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You’re most welcome @CoCo Kelly! Please do reach out again if there’s anything else we can assist with - the Community is always here and happy to help! 🤗