Question

"body failed validation" error in Find Database Item in Notion action

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone,

I have 2 databases in Notion: Clients and Orders. Email is a common field across these two. I'm trying to automatically add Orders of a specific client.

For example, if Jane Doe (in Clients db) compleses a new Order (it is added through Zapier from Shopify), then the Jane Doe page (item in Clients db) is edited (ideally I will insert a link to that item page in Orders).

My Zapier idea is :

1. When new database item in Orders
  2. Find item in Clients with field Email being a variable from 1.
  3. Update found item in Clients

However, I keep getting this error when testing step 2

body failed validation. Fix one: body.filter.and[0].title should be defined, instead was \undefined`. body.filter.and[0].text should be defined, instead was `undefined`. body.filter.and[0].number should be defined, instead was `undefined`. body.filter.and[`

I do have 1 item with this email in both databases.

Any idea of what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks a lot

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @cynog 

Can you share screenshots of how your zap is configured?

Userlevel 1

Hi ! 

Sure : 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Can you try refreshing the fields? 

you are only getting the error when testing the search action, correct? I am having a hard time recreating the issue 

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the help!

I've tried refreshing fields yep.

Yes, step 1 test is successful and I can find an order with that client 'email: coma...'

But when I search my Clients db which one item having this email in a field too, I get this error

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Just to try to isolate the issue and for troubleshooting, have you tried searching by one of the other variables? 

Userlevel 1

Hi @GetUWired 

Email was the only common property, but I’ve tried adding “Firstname” in my Orders db to try what you suggested.

Same error :(

body failed validation. Fix one: body.filter.and[0].title should be defined, instead was `undefined`. body.filter.and[0].text should be defined, instead was `undefined`. body.filter.and[0].number should be defined, instead was `undefined`. body.filter.and[

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@cynog 

I am going to flag this post for Zapier support team. I was not able to recreate the issue. They should be able to provide more insight into what might be happening in the code. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @cynog!

I see that you’ve written to our Support team and they have responded with some directions and also some questions. Please continue the conversation there, since they’re able to dig into your Zaps and our error logs :)

Hi there 👋

I have got the exact same issue here :) Any idea how to adress this?

Thanks !

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Alaedine!

If you’re having the same trouble using Notion in a Zap, the best thing to do in this case is to get in touch with the Support Team using the Get Help form. They will be able to take a closer look at your Zap with you to hopefully get to the bottom of things. :blush: