Best answer

Automatically add songs from one Spotify playlist to another on a weekly basis

• 20 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I travel a lot and I don’t always have the time to check my Discover Weekly and Release Radar playlists which are automatically updated by Spotify once a week. My goal is to automatically add all new tracks when the original playlists are updated so I don’t lose any new suggested tracks so I can go through new music once I get a chance.

I know there’s a service called “SmarterPlaylists” but it is far from perfect: it adds some weird tracks to my playlists and there is no way to make it automatically check for the updates every week.

Hopefully there’s a way to do it in Zapier or some other way.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 21 March 2022, 01:04

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @bagrov 

Good question.

Try these Zap steps:

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone,

Thanks for the reply.

These steps would suit my purpose very well if not one excessive field which is  “track” in the second step. It looks like it is asking for a specific track whereas I need to add the exact playlist. And to be honest this looks like a bug from Zapier’s side because no matter what playlist i choose as a source and no matter what tracks are in that playlist every time this Zap is triggered while testing the same track that was mentioned in that field is added. I add some screenshots for you to see. And actually I couldn’t make it work after testing when I just turned on the Zap and added some track to the playlist.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@bagrov 

You can dynamically map a data point variable between steps using the ‘custom’ option in the Track field dropdown:

Please reference this help article:

https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action#set-up-your-action

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone you are my savior! Didn’t know about custom option and now everything works as it should! Thanks a lot!