Question

Automated email (gmail) based on calendar invite (google calendar) to subset of attendees

• 22 November 2020
  • 6 replies

Dear Community,

I would like to send an automated email (gmail) triggered by a google calendar event, which I set up, only to a subset of attendees. For example, I created an event with external participants 1, 2 (and me). 24h prior to the event, I would like to send an automated email with content X to participant 1 and an automated email with content Y to participant 2. The emails for the 1st invitee in this type of event will always be the same in content, the emails for the 2nd invitee will always be the same in content. But I have multiple events of this type and for each event the email-addresses of participant 1 and participant 2 are different.

Is this possible?

Thanks a lot and best,

Sparrks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

How do you know what Invitee is Participant 1 vs 2?

Hi Troy, thanks a lot for your reply. I set up the invite manually, e.g. Participant 1 will always be the student, Participant 2 will always be the teacher. Thanks a lot!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

But when the data comes thru on the Zap trigger, it just shows 3 email addresses.

Is there anything in the GCal Event metadata indicating which email is the Student and which email is the Teacher?

What I see as part of the information in the "test trigger" field of the google calendar invite is the following:

attendees

email

nic.ste@xx.de

responseStatus

needsAction

email

nian18@xx.com

responseStatus

accepted

email

booking@zz.de

organizer

true

self

true

responseStatus

accepted

0 is the student, 1 is the teacher, 2 is me as the organizer. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Sparrks 

This is definitely doable given your test data. I think what @Troy Tessalone is stating is that Zapier groups those emails together in it’s output..

It is still possible to split that data back up without writing any code by using the Formatter by Zapier, text, then split text set up as follows. You should run a couple of test however, to make sure the order of the attendees does not change 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Sparrks 

Just checking in to see if you still need help with this?