Best answer

Attachments

• 27 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I regularly receive e-mails from a colleague with 3 different attachments. These attachments have to be saved in different folders of Google Drive depending on the description. What is the best way to do this?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Max

icon

Best answer by Danvers 28 September 2020, 16:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Action: Gmail - New Attachment

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy,

thank you for your answer. 

In my case I use an IMAP e-mail and there I can not choose different triggers.

Best

Max 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi Max - if you’re not using Gmail then it’s not possible to get separate attachments in a Zap, sorry about that. 

If you can upload the attachments to your Google drive all in one place, then you could set up a Zap that will move the file to the appropriate folder, though I appreciate that this requires some manual input on your part. 

Could I ask which app you use for your emails? If you use Outlook, for example, then we do have a feature request that will allow you trigger a Zap off each attachment for that. 

Userlevel 1

Hi Danvers,

Thank you for your reply. 

At the moment I'm using the IMAP by Zapier App. 

I will setup a forwarding rule at my IMAP server for this email with the 3 attachments to my Gmail account. From there I can split the attachments and save them in the defined folders with Zapier.

Thanks.