Question

Airtable to Webflow: Multiple Images to Image Gallery

• 27 October 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all!

I’m setting up a Zap from Airtable to Webflow CMS, and it’s all going great (loving it!), but I can’t seem to import multiple images in Airtable into Zapier’s action then publish that into Webflow CMS. It only seems to attach one image at a time.

Is there a way to zap multiple images into Webflow’s CMS image gallery

Thank you all :)

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Great question. This seems like a good use case for an iterator. What do you think... @calebgonzalez 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@weiee You can accomplish this if you pass the files in a zip compressed folder, Airtable will unzip the folder and allow multiple files in each cell.

I’m not sure if looping would work, because if you are using the update Record action once for every file it might just overwrite the existing image.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Good knowledge! Thanks Caleb!

Userlevel 1

Hi @andywingrave and @calebgonzalez,

Thanks for helping me understand Zapier better!

I should have explained that the Zap received is from file uploads in a JotForm, so it’s multiple image files uploaded by the user into a form. Would there be a way be some code required to zap these images into the Webflow image gallery?

Thank you again for sharing your knowledge!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello! Can you show us how multiple file uploads are sent to Zapier? (i.e. what the field looks like when multiple files are sent?)

Userlevel 1

Hi @andywingrave, sure! I’ll walk through the whole process in screenshots:

1. People send multiple images in ‘Image Gallery’ in Jotform field:

2. In Airtable, it captures these images nicely in the attachments field:

3. In Zapier, the record shows multiple images [0,1,2 etc] but inserting data only allows for one image it seems:

4. In Webflow, the Image Gallery field remains empty after the zap:

Thanks for helping out!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

So after doing some testing, I honestly think looping is your only option unless you’ve managed to get the files passed through as a zip, per Caleb’s suggestion?

Userlevel 1

Oh man, thanks for testing and helping out the best you can. May I know what does looping mean? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @weiee! When we talk about looping in Zaps it means that for every item you have (in this case every picture) you’d run the same actions on each item until - the Zap ‘loops’ through the actions until there are no items left.

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu shared a video tutorial on how you can do this using a code step: 

You’ll need to be somewhat familiar with code, but it might offer you a way forward 🙂