Question

Zapier Webhook and Stripe Integration to Search for Payment Intent

• 23 June 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m setting up a Zapier Webhook GET from Stripe to search for a Payment Intent via the Customer ID.

I’m getting an error:

Failed to create a request in Webhooks by Zapier

The app returned "invalid_request_error".

--

Here is the Zap setup:

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @morningmeditation 

Good question.

Please check the Stripe API documentation for how the GET request should be configured: https://stripe.com/docs/api/payment_intents/search?lang=curl

The header doesn’t look to be configured correctly with the brackets []

Userlevel 1

I tried it with and without brackets. Neither works. I also tried including the api key in the Basic Auth field and that didn't work either. I've been looking at that Stripe API documentation for two days. I understand what it says but I can't figure out how to translate what's there onto the Webhook Zap.. 

Any other ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@morningmeditation 

Did you follow the API key with a | instead of a : ?

Userlevel 1

Yes, tried that as well.

Userlevel 1

Actually, I should say that I think there may be 2 parts to this solution - 1) how to properly specify the API Key; and how to specify the search query to Stripe (about the Payment Intent). Either or both may be problematic. I’ve reviewed the Stripe documentation pretty thoroughly and understand how to construct the API call based on their documentation. But, translating those two elements to a Zapier webhook is the challenge.

Has anyone in the community used a Zapier Webhook to query into the Stripe API? I think this is pretty straightforward if you’ve successfully done so before.

Can anyone help?

Jeff

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@morningmeditation 

Looks like you query isn’t configured correctly. (missing the enclosing double quotes)

Example from Stripe: https://stripe.com/docs/search#query-fields-for-payment-intents

Try this configuration…

NOTE: Replace 1 with the mapped variable

Replace XXX with your API and make sure it is followed by a pipe |

Userlevel 1

Yes, that seems to work. Thanks so much.

Best

Jeff