Best answer

Zapier not retrieving all the data from custom fields

• 7 August 2021
  • 3 replies

I am working on a Zap and it’s working but not retrieving all the custom fields.

It’s retrieving one of them, but not the other 2. 

Any ideas?

Here are the custom fields that should be coming over...

Zapier only returning 1 custom field info.

I really only need the values, if that helps.

icon

Best answer by robschmidt 9 August 2021, 05:02

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @mcconnon12 

Zapier can receive all the results but Zapier can only work with one array at a time. You need to use “Looping by Zapier” to process every arrays that are received.

Alternatively, you can make API request through “Code Step” action using JS or Python and that way you will have access to the entire response not just one array.

Hey @robschmidt

Thanks for the reply… I did some research and I came across that as well. I noticed when I did a test run a different set of values were used (that I need as well) so Zapier is indeed picking up the info as you mentioned.

How do I go about doing that though?

Not sure how to use those steps. I just need 3 values and it’s a linear Zap nothing complicated, but not sure how to use those Zaps to accomplish what I need. 

Thanks for your help, most appreciated. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Just for clarity, are you saying for each of the items in the list with a `customFieldResponseId`, you need just the values for the keys named `value`?

What are you aiming to do with them after the step? If you add another action after that webhook, Zapier shoulda actually squish/aggregate all the keys with the same value.

If that’s not what you’re looking for. A quick code block could help.