Question

Zap triggers but Python code isn't working

• 21 July 2021
  • 3 replies

I have set up a piece of Python code that gets triggered by a webhook.When I test run the Python code I do not get any error. Also, the Zap has been triggered a few time now without logging any error. However, nothing happens as a result of the Python code. My goal is pretty simple: to open a certain file in a google Chrome tab. The code I have written is this:

import webbrowser ​​​​​​​webbrowser.open(    'file:///D:/DESCARGAS/ui.vision.html?direct=1&macro=MESbuy')

Could anyone advice as to what is wrong? My python knowledge is limited. Also. I do not need this to be working in Python; I would be happy too if it is done using Java.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

there is a line break not showing in the post, just after 

import webbrowser
Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @pablog80 

It does not sound like you use case will work well in Zapier. Zapier works well for server-server communication and won’t be able to open a file in a new Google Chrome tab or do any thing “front-end” like that. 

If your needs were to read/scrape the contents of the HTML file that would be doable as long as the file is publicly accessible.

Do you mean hosted on a server, for instance? If that was the case and Code managed to read it, where would it be executed and carried out? In the same server where it is hosted? The file is a UI.Vision script and I do not really need it to be run in my computer necessarily.

How would you make it doable, as you mention?

Thanks