Best answer

Webhook to register a User in WebinarJam dosen't work

• 24 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello Zapians,

I plan to register users for my WebinarJam sessions by using a Zapier Webhook, but I always get the an error.

Here is my static test setup:
I use this static values to make sure that the Webhook is working correct before I handover the data from my form.

This is a straight forward static test, but it fails :sweat:

Here is the error that I get:

Here is WebinarJam API documentation:
Register a person to a specific webinar – WebinarJam and EverWebinar documentation

I am looking forward to get a few tips.

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

icon

Best answer by danielajk 24 September 2021, 20:07

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @danielajk , Can you change the payload type to JSON and try again?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey @jayeshkumarbhatia,

Thank you for the super fast reply. I did that, but I getting an HTML Response with 404 information, see screenshots.

Switching to JSON worked, but the payload is a 404 error

Here is the rendered HTML code of the response message:

Any other ideas?

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Ok @danielajk , Can you try to send the data in end of URL like below and in same order?

ALso remove all data that you are sending currently. in Data section of Webhook by Zapier

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @danielajk 

Try making these changes...use the default settings for the Webhook POST method

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @jayeshkumarbhatia, I switched the order of the parameters, it didn’t slove my issue, but it make sense to follow the same order as in the original documentation :thumbsup:

Hi @Troy Tessalone, I switched to JSON which kind of helped me in the problem solving process, see following solution. :trophy:

Solution:
I had the following mistakes in my Zap setup:

• I didn’t use json as send format
  • I didn’t define the headers, which was the reson for a html response error
    Accept : application/json
  • Important: Make sure that you have correct “schedule” id set. I had used the wrong id, you have to use the “/webinar” endpoint to extract the right id.

Thank you for your help and ideas.

My final setup: