Question

Using an API in daily email automation

• 14 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello - I’m trying to set up a daily email automation that pulls content from an API to populate in the email.  What’s the best way to go about setting this up?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Beginner 

For this scenario of yours you can set a zap with following triggers and actions:

1. Trigger - Schedule by zapier: Set it to run daily
  2. Action - Webhook by Zapier: Make GET/POST API request to your endpoint to retrieve data for the email
  3. Action - Webhook by Zapier or check if your email marketing tool already exists: Make POST API request to set the data to the email body
Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Beginner 

What API endpoint are you using?

Can you link to the API endpoint documentation you are referencing?

Thank you both for helping!  I’m doing a learning exercise to trigger a daily email pulling data in from a Pokemon API that lists all the pokemon characters.  I got my Zap set up to do this, but I’m trying to figure out the best way to serialize the content so it’s not just pulling in the same data every day.  I could have it pull a different record based on the day of the month (see below).  Any other ideas?  Maybe Zap has a different sort of action I can insert before or after the Get?