Best answer

Update Record in Salesforce - Provided external ID field does not exist or is not accessible

• 14 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

I created a zap to update a record for a custom object in salesforce.

Step 1 - Catch Hook - Finds the unique ID we use on all records

Step 2 - Find Record - looks up records based on the unique ID, this was tested and works

Step 3 - Update Record - I can set up the action and populate many of the fields but during testing, I get the following error

The record could not be sent to Salesforce.

Could not update the Card_Authorization__c record with ID Auth - 0600462: Provided external ID field does not exist or is not accessible: Auth - 0600462

I can create records fine in another zap. Can't figure out why this one is giving me issues.

icon

Best answer by MichelleS 14 June 2022, 19:27

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey, there! It sounds like you need to map the Salesforce record ID to that field, and not the other ID that you’re using: Auth - 0600462

Here are examples of Salesforce IDs: https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000324087&type=1

Since you’re using a Find step, the record ID will be returned to you - just make sure you map that and not this other ID you’re currently using.

I hope this points you in the right direction! Please let me know if you have any other questions.