Best answer

Update an address of a contact in Constant Contact using their API

• 18 February 2021
  • 6 replies

For whatever reason the Constant Contact built in app doesn’t allow me to update an address of a contact. From reading some other places it looks like I might need to use a Webhook and do this utilizing Constant Contacts API.

I’m not sure where to start though, I’ve looked through the Reference on the Constant Contact API and I think I can put the code together I need but when I add a PUT Webhook there’s no place for that code. What am I missing?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 19 February 2021, 17:35

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @tim829 

Try using the Custom Request option then selection the Method as PUT for the Webhook action.

Thanks for the information, I think I’m almost there but I’m getting “The app returned "unauthorized".” so obviously I’m still missing something in it to do with authorization. I guess this isn’t something you can help with since it’s the Constant Contact API that’s returning this error?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@tim829

Constant Contact API error codes: https://v3.developer.constantcontact.com/api_guide/glossary_responses.html

401: Unauthorized

Example error message: The access token used is invalid.

Description: The access token or API key that you provided is not valid or has expired.

Action: Please provide a valid access token or use the OAuth flow to generate a new token.

Learn more: Authentication

I’ve used the Constant Contact API for a few clients, it’s authentication is not the simplest to configure and requires a few steps to store/retrieve/refresh the access token.

DM me if you’d like to arrange for paid work.

Thanks for the information. I think I have what I need on the CC end but I need to put a redirect_uri for Zapier in on the CC end after authorization to return back to Zapier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @tim829 and @Troy Tessalone! Just wanted to check in to see if you were both able to come to a resolution here. Let us know!

Hey @tim829 and @Troy Tessalone! Just wanted to check in to see if you were both able to come to a resolution here. Let us know!

Nope, it wasn’t worth the hassle and Constant Contact support wasn’t helpful. I just moved on to Mailchimp instead.