Triggering a Twilio Flow through Zapier Webhook

• 16 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

So I am trying to get Zapier to trigger a Twilio Flow via the webhook action. The thing is is that I am having difficulty getting Twilio to continue on in the flow after sending the first step. I am not sure what I am missing but this is what I have set up.

For Zapier this is my webhook setup to try and trigger the Twilio flow. The step before this one allows Twilio to send a text to the person, but then the flow is suppose to trigger to allow the person to respond accordingly to the text messages and prompts. Here is how the webhook is filled out.

URL - Twilio REST API url

To - To the phone number that is going to be receiving the text messages

From - The Twilio phone number itself

Basic Auth - The Twilio Account SID and Auth Token

As for Twilio itself this is how I have it set up. The REST API is connected to the first step which is suppose to send a text and then wait for a response. Then it is to hit the next step which is looking for a certain response before going to either path I have it set up as.

When this flow is activated it does to the yes_no_start widget so the person does receive a text and a session is started. But once someone tries to respond to the text nothing else happens so I am not sure if I am missing a step or what. At this moment the phone number is connected to a service but even if I disconnected it from any service it still would not work and continue on.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 1

So I checked my Phone Number on Twilio to see if I have it set up with a service as well as it connected to a Twilio Flow, it’s not connected to a service and it’s connected to a flow. Is there a way for the Flow to recongnize that there is a incoming text message that it needs to respond to without the phone number being connected to another flow or does it needs to all be connected to one flow? If the phone number needs to be connected to a flow is there a way to have it where there are two different conversations where one is triggered by the Zapier webhook and the other is meant to be responded to by the initial response?