Best answer

Ticket Tailer data to Google Sheets using Webhooks

• 13 April 2024
  • 8 replies

I have event tickets setup in Ticket Tailor.  A person can buy multiple tickets for this driving event.  You can buy a drivers ticket by itself.  You can buy a driver and add one or more passengers.  Each participant is asked a series of questions as part of their ticket.  If you’re buying multiple tickets within Ticket Tailor it collects all that information but does not push that information to Zapier without using Webhooks.  

I have the webhooks setup and that is all working fine, it pulls the full record in.  But then I’m getting stuck parsing all the info into spreadsheet rows.  A sampling of the webhook is below.  There is a section for the custom questions then each of those is numbered and has the question title and the response for each.  

I have tried several variations of using the Formatter option after the webhook zap to split the data up including delimiting stuff with commas and using the pick list option with varying levels of success.  Just trying to understand the best approach for data formatted like this with the end result getting the data into a table with one row for each transaction (each row could have more than one ticket but the headers are defined to show all that info).  and all the individual questions split into columns.  I’ve attached a CSV header file with a possible structure to show what I’m trying to get to.

icon

Best answer by Mountainears 13 April 2024, 21:48

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Mountainears 

Based on the structure of the data from Ticket Tailor, you’d likely have to use a custom Code step to convert each Q&A pair into their own variable to then map to the spreadsheet columns.

I did try some things with multiple formatting steps. Haven’t looked at custom code options there, not sure if you’re able to provide an initial point in the right direction on what this looks like.  I did get things split where it seemed to create an object group out for each ticket (group 1, 2 and 3) with numbered items for each (essentially the same questions for each ticket) but I was struggling to get the answers out from there.  Would be cool if I could just strip out the first ticket info as one output then the second and finally the third.  

I’ll keep trying stuff tomorrow :-) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Mountainears 

Check this out:

Thanks for your help with this. I’ll look at this tomorrow and see how it goes!  

@Mountainears

Check this out:

@Troy Tessalone , thanks for this, it has me so close it seems :-)  The AI code generator works well too.  I can get into each of the outputs from the webhook that has all the data and extract data pretty well with the code option.  But the way the data seems to be structured is making it difficult I believe.  For each code I have to insert data and when I go to that it forces me to pick one of the parsed items from the webhook.  I feel like I could do better with this if it just let me grab ALL of the data from the webhook.  Then I could say for each ticket ID in the push of data, grab the relative information.  Is there a way to grab all of the data from the webhook?  I tried putting all of the different payloads into the input field but that didn’t work out for me so far.  

An example of an issue is you can see in the screenshot there is one payload called Issued Tickets Barcode and it lists each of the tickets issued in that transaction.  That would be fine if in the later payloads it referenced that ticket code, then I could say for each ticket code, show me the data.  But the only place the ticket code exists is in that one payload item.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Mountainears 

It may be worthwhile to consider hiring help from a Certified Zapier Expert: https://zapier.com/experts

@Troy Tessalone  I want to thank you for getting me pointed in the right direction on this!  I was able to get this going today without having to contact an expert (so far).  A couple things helped me out beyond what you shared. 

• I changed my webhook to the raw format which shoots out all the details in it’s “raw” form as opposed to being structured. 
  • Because of the way they structure the data I had to pull out individual fields (like phone number for example) into a table, this was done one at a time.  This was only really needed because each order could have multiple tickets in it.
  • I restructured my spreadsheet a little.  Instead of trying to store all tickets in one row, I have it outputting multiple rows to my spreadsheet, one ticket per row.  

Thank you