Question

Paths - if Webhook returns "Bad Request"

• 18 March 2021
  • 4 replies

I have a Zap that would take two paths. First, it searches for a client based on email via webhook. If there’s a client, then it returns a client ID number and proceeds with path A. If there’s no existing client, the first step would return “Bad Request” and then the goal is for it to proceed under Path B to create the client.

However, it appears that because of the “Bad Request” (400) the Zap wouldn’t continue, even though I want it to.

How do I fix this?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Please provide a screenshot of how you have it setup, so we can help you better.

~Bjorn

Please provide a screenshot of how you have it setup, so we can help you better.

~Bjorn

Please see below - so I want it to continue with the Zap even though it’s a 400 error, that is, that the 400 error is expected and to continue.

Images edited by a moderator to remove email address. Please do not share private or personal information in your posts as this is a public forum.

Userlevel 1

@averycampbell 

You might want to try this storage hack:

after the webhook step add a storage step and set the key as any random one and the value as what you would get from the webhook. 

Then add another storage step. The Get Value one. Get the value from the previous storage step and if there isn't one, create a new static value (this option is possible in the step)

Then in your paths (A & B) you can set it to, if the storage key is not the static value you gave in the previous step then that means the webhook ran and if it is exactly like the static value you gave in the previous step, the webhook didn't run and we can assume it's because the email address wasn't found or the step hit an error. 

Let me know if you want me to further explain it. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @averycampbell were you able to get this one working? Let us know if you still need help with this one!