Question

PATCH in Webhooks by Zapier to Update Klaviyo Profile - Invalid Input and Malformed Request Errors

• 3 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi.  I’m trying to add a Webhook Custom Request step to my Zap that uses a Klaviyo PATCH API to update a phone number field in a Klaviyo profile.  The Klaviyo profile ID and phone number are dynamically pulling from previous steps in the Zap (I tested the PATCH step by entering static ID and phone and still got the same error).  However, I keep getting errors - either “Invalid Input” or “Malformed Request” (depending on the various entries I have tested in the “Data” field). 

I’m thinking that I haven’t entered the correct information in the “data” section, as I don’t know exactly which part of the code to enter.  Or, does a PATCH need to be connected to some other Webhook to work, as it is currently just this single step in my Zap flow (I’m a novice and don’t fully understand webhooks).

Thank you in advance for any insight.

Klaviyo “Update Profile” API documentation: https://developers.klaviyo.com/en/reference/update_profile

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Alright.  I took another look this morning with fresh eyes.  I made a change to the “Data” section to include the  “{“data”:” text, and now it worked!  Hopefully that’s all that was needed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Vive 

Good question.

Perhaps try one of these Klaviyo Zap actions: