Best answer

Jira - creating issue link via zapier webhook

• 1 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Hello everyone,

I’m creating a ZAP that will create issue link between 2 issues in Jira. I used this documentation and examples. I dont have any problems when i did a GET webhook (to know issue links names and types in Jira), it was working

When i’m trying to use POST method with this data: 

I got an error. I cant explain this error, i dont send any media files to Jira. What i’m doing wrong?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 1 April 2021, 23:22

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Asker 

Check out some of these related articles from a GSearch on the topic: https://www.google.com/search?q=jira+unsupported+media+type

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

I checked articles, as i understood i need this header 

("Content-Type", "application/json")

But i got it

When i tried to make a request via Postman - the request works, but only in raw format. Trying to do the same in my zap changing Webhook Payload Type to Raw  - and i got this error

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Asker

Error shown in screenshots appears to be related to how the fields (not shown in screenshot) are configured.

Seems to indicate those fields (right side) need to be enclosed with double quotes.

Perhaps like this: “key”:”value”

@Troy Tessalone

like this?

it doesnt work. Still the same error “Unexpected character code 39” I tried with spaces before : and without. 

this raw request is working via postman:

{

"outwardIssue": {

"key": "WBT-949"

},

"inwardIssue": {

"key": "REC-453"

},

"type": {

"name": "Relates"

}

}

I copied it, tried, still the same  "Unexpected character (''' (code 39)): was expecting double-quote to start field name" error

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Asker

Try adjusting the Payload Field field value.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Asker 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this?