Skip to main content
Question

Issue sending file via POST Webhook

• 7 June 2024
  • 1 reply

I am attempting to create a Happy Fox ticket (Help Desk software) using the Happy Fox API with an attachment included. I have been able to get the request to succeed using Postman, but have not been able to get it working with Zapier. When running the zap, the ticket will get created with all the correct information, but the attachment will not go over. 

Looking for any ideas on how to troubleshoot this!

Here is the webhook step setup 

Webhook step setup

When executing that step, I get the following ticket created

If I create a similar request with Postmanm using this setup

I get the ticket created with the correct attachment

The cURL command to create this ticket that I was given by Happy Fox support is as follows 

curl --location 'https://tRedacted]/api/1.1/json/tickets/' \--header 'Cookie: oRedacted] \--form 'client="1"' \--form 'category="1"' \--form 'text="This is a ticket created via API using multipart/form data"' \--form 'subject="Test with Audio File"' \--form 'attachments=@"/Users/Downloads/file_example_WAV_1MG.wav"'

It seems that the only part that is not flowing through properly is the final “attachments” form.

Is there anything I am missing in my setup that would cause the attachment to not go through? The file that I am sending is coming from an accessible link

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

For what it’s worth, I have worked with Happy Fox support on this issue as well and they confirmed that the issue would be with how the file is getting processed within Zapier