Question

Idea for an automation

• 29 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi, I run a car rental business and I’m brainstorming ways to automate even more processes within my business. 

Currently, when a renter drops off a vehicle, I have no automation that informs a mobile cleaner that the car has been returned and that it is due for a cleaning. Any ideas/recommendations on how to automate this process?

I’ve provided an example workflow below of what I would like to accomplish. Open to feedback and how to improve this.

Trigger: Renter returns vehicle

• Webhook in place to identify vehicle returns & time

Action: Automatically send message to mobile cleaner regarding return and schedule time to clean 2 hours after

Action: Invoice gets sent to gmail, automatically inputed into AirTable Database

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @adamrahman1 

Good question.

Let’s break down your workflow steps.

Steps

1. Trigger: Renter returns vehicle
    1. Webhook in place to identify vehicle returns & time
  2. Action: Automatically send message to mobile cleaner regarding return and schedule time to clean 2 hours after
    1. How are you trying to send the message to the mobile cleaner? (e.g. via SMS, email, phone call, ringless voicemail, etc.)
    2. Are you saying you want the mobile cleaner to come 2 hours after the vehicle has been returned OR are you saying you want to use some app to schedule the vehicle be cleaned?
    3. Does the mobile cleaner need to confirm/deny the scheduled cleaning somehow?
  3. Action: Invoice gets sent to Gmail
    1. What app is being used for the invoicing?
    2. Does the invoice need to be generated OR does the invoice file object/url come thru as part of the webhook trigger?
  4. Action: Gmail - Send Email
    1. You’ll need to define the email template to send.
      1. To:
      2. From Name:
      3. From Email:
      4. Subject:
      5. Body:
      6. Attachment:
  5. Action: Automatically inputted into Airtable Database
    1. What should be inputted into Airtable?
    2. Are you trying to create a new record or update an existing record in Airtable?