Skip to main content
Question

I'm trying to get reports from the Amazon API, but getting some authentication erros

• 20 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone! You might look at the title and say “ah, this is easy! Probably didn’t connect correctly!” And that may be the case, but not that simple.
You see, I can get the API  to make the inventory report. And I can get it to tell me the document ID to get it back.
BUT when I try to get the document itself back, I get the following error (which I don’t get in the previous steps):

Anyone knows if this is a problem with my configuration in Zapier, or if it’s a thing with the access I have on Amazon? If so, anyone know what those are, and how to get them?

I get exactly the same error whenever I try to get a Seller only report. So I’m inclined to believe that maybe my Amazon Seller account doesn’t have the permissions, but I have no idea what kind of permissions would allow me to do what I managed to do, but not this.

Thank you!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @RobinRax 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

Hi, @Troy Tessalone! Thanks for the response.

This is the outline:

This is how the “make report” step is configured:

With that, I get 202 response and a reportId which I feed the next step:

There I also get a 202 response with a reportDocumentId.

But when I try to feed that to the “talk to the API to get the document download link” step (as follows):

I get the following response:

I’m pretty sure I’m doing things correctly (but it’s likely I am not), and there’s some authentication issue somewhere. I just want to know *where* that issue is, if that’s the case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@RobinRax 

This looks to be the Amazon API endpoint docs: https://developer-docs.amazon.com/sp-api/docs/reports-api-v2021-06-30-reference#get-reports2021-06-30documentsreportdocumentid

Can you show screenshots of these sections:

• Headers
  • Body

Did you check the data returned from the button: [Troubleshoot Error]

###

You can check valid JSON using this tool: https://jsonlint.com/

NOTE: Try removing the trailing comma to make valid JSON