Question

How to properly setup Webhook

Userlevel 1

I created 2 webhooks today for PayPal, one for ChartMogul and one for LeadDyno. I know for sure that I’ve done something wrong but I don’t know what. Can anyone help a beginner out please? I followed the directions, this is just way above my head to be honest. 

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @JessJim 

Good question.

The Content-Type doesn’t look correct.

Some common examples of content types are “text/plain”, “application/xml”, “text/html”, “application/json”, “image/gif”, and “image/jpeg”. Similarly, to determine what type of representation is desired on the client-side, an HTTP header ACCEPT is used.

Userlevel 1

Do you mean like this? Sorry this is way over my head here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JessJim

Might be best to take a step back.

Can you describe your use case and the purpose of the Zap you are trying to configure?

Can you provide the app API/webhook documentation you are referencing for how to configure the webhook step for each of the apps?

Userlevel 1

Ok, So I’ll explain as best as I can! I need to use ChartMogul AND LeadDyno and PayPal only allows one IPN as I’m sure you know, thats why I signed up for Zapier. I need the info from PayPal to be transferred to these other 2 apps anytime a customer joins or cancels their account. LeadDyno is an affiliate program and ChartMogul is an analytics platform for my membership website. Please let me know what other info you need!! Thank you SO much for your help!

Userlevel 1

So I am under the impression that connecting these apps via Zapier without WebHooks doesn’t provide all of the require information needed. These are the articles I used.

https://help.chartmogul.com/hc/en-us/articles/204450122-Forwarding-PayPal-Instant-Payment-Notifications-IPN-

https://zapier.com/help/doc/how-use-multiple-ipns-paypal

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JessJim 

The ability to send data to each app will depend on the posting specs provided by each app to determine how the API request needs to be configured.

Do you have that documentation to reference?

Userlevel 1

I’m just going off of the 2 links I posted above! I have emailed Zapier and ChartMogul and LeadDyno and no one seems to really be able to help me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JessJim 

As an example...

LeadDyno API: https://help.leaddyno.com/article/3664-rest-api-introduction

App APIs have different endpoints.

You need to define what API endpoint you are trying to use and what data needs to be sent as part of the data payload.

Userlevel 1

Ya, you lost me here. I’m not sure what the answer is or how to find it. Can I hire you or someone to do it? Or will they need me to provide this info that I don’t know the answer to?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JessJim 

Even if you hire someone, you’ll need to further define what you are trying to do besides “sent data from PayPal to an other app”.

For example, these are the LeadDyno API endpoints available for Leads.

Userlevel 1

Hmmm… I seem to have gotten somewhere but now I’m getting this error: 

"The app returned "A valid data source UUID is required for each customer.”

Am I still in the same boat as before or have I made some progress? haha.