Question

How to output “ok” in response to catch hook?

• 2 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have a Zap with a Trigger that uses Webhooks by Zapier’s Catch Hook that another app (GoTranscript) sends POST requests to. When GoTranscript sends the POST request, it requires the Zap to output ok before it will pass the data I need from the POST request. How do I configure Zapier to output ok?

Here is the entirety of the documentation on this from GoTranscript.

Thanks in advance for your help.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there, @jeffernst! :)

With Catch Hooks, by default we will always return a success message and it’s not possible to customize that message (Webhooks - Limitations). Although, if you turn on Silent Mode that response message should be removed:

f8f0b565d21f4525d3ff81cea7e9f1e0.png

Then perhaps you could add a Webhooks by Zapier action step to send an “ok” message back to GoTranscript?   

That said, it may be better to try building a custom integration with GoTranscript instead as that would give you more control over what we’re sending to GoTranscript. Hope that helps! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks @SamB. I am actually doing this with a custom integration. I made a REST Hook trigger to listen for posts from GoTranscript that a job is complete. I’m using the default Perform “return [bundle.cleanedRequest];” so I can receive the payload. Is there a direction you can point me in with the custom integration for returning ok to the sender?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Anyone have suggested direction on this?