Best answer

How do I retrieve a user ID from Webhooks to create or update a record in Airtable?

I’m trying to create an “add to watchlist” trigger and automate this in Airtable. 

I created a unique webhook URL link that contains the item ID, and need to retrieve the ID of the user triggering this action to then create/update record in Airtable. Is it possible? 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 5 May 2022, 04:39

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ln_72239 

Good question.

Please clarify from which app you are trying to get the User ID.

Hi @Troy Tessalone, it’s Softr 

Thanks a lot for your help 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ln_72239 

Perhaps you can post a screenshot with an example of the User ID data point from Softr that you are trying to get so we have more context.

Hi @Troy Tessalone , 

Here’s my user database on Softr which is connected to an Airtable. I’d like to retrieve the email of these users to restrict view on Softr so that they can have a personalized watchlist. 

Also, the following is what I’m trying to achieve without having to manually enter the record ID/email of users 

Step 1: Webhook triggers containing the companies ID and user ID
Step 2: Find the record in Airtable and Update 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ln_72239 

Have you seen this Softr help article for Zapier?

https://docs.softr.io/integrations/zapier

Softr can provide the Email address.

If you have the email address then you can get the Record ID of the User from the Airtable Base.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@ln_72239 I wanted to check in to see if the article Troy linked to was helpful in getting this sorted out or if you’re still running into issues here. Let us know!