Best answer

How do I conditionally loop through and update Monday.com board items, individually?

Hello Everyone!

I am here to ask for help regarding zapier integrations with monday.com

Is there a way to get all the board items using zapier? 
The desired goal is to get all the item in zapier and then by using the functionality of looping by zapier i want to update the items one by one according to some conditions.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 12 July 2022, 20:52

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Hassan.Akhtar! Thanks for reaching out and bringing this to the Community! We’d love to dig into this with you.

Hmm, I think the only way to do this (if it’s even possible) would be to export all the board items into a spreadsheet and update them that way. However, do you mind clarifying what your use case is? 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Hassan.Akhtar 

you will need to use a POST webhook to do this and without code to parse the response the items are not returned in a very clean way. 

Screenshot below shows the POST request. you would need to put in the id of the board you want to query. Your Api key can be found here: https://{yourmondayaccountname}.monday.com/apps/manage/tokens

your board id can be found in the url when viewing the board

{
boards(ids: INSERTID) {
items {
id
name
column_values {
text,
id,
title
}
}
}
}

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Hassan.Akhtar! Just checking in to see if @GetUWired’s suggestion was helpful. I would imagine you might have some follow-up questions after adding this step and want to encourage you to lean on us for help! We’re happy to work together as a team to get you across the finish line here!