Skip to main content

I’m sending a GET request to retrieve all invoices sent on a particular date. I’m receiving all invoices sent, ever. I tried this in Postman and successfully retrieved only invoices sent on a particular date.

Why isn’t it working in Zapier?

API Documentation: https://apidoc.payday.is/#7114bb47-1d43-41b5-a3cf-627018f3a83c

Here are a couple of screenshots of my set-up.

I’m confident about the date formatting because I literally copy/pasted it from Postman, where it worked

And the results: notice the total of 409. This should retrieve only 2 invoices.

The paid/unpaid amounts look huge until you realise it’s not in dollars

And a screenshot from Postman. Note the total: 2. 

Hi @Sigurdur130 

Try moving the Query string parameters in the URL value after the ? to be set under the Query String Params section.

@Sigurdur130 

Also, your date format is wrong, and should be: YYYY-MM-DD

If a GET request is working in Postman but not filtering correctly in Zapier, it may be due to differences in how each platform handles parameters, authentication, or response parsing. In Postman, you have full control over request headers of post, query parameters, and can test responses directly. Zapier, on the other hand, relies on pre-configured settings that may not always interpret filters or parameters the same way.

@Troy Tessalone , thanks for your answer! I got it to work, though not...entirely how you suggested. I updated the params as per your recommendation, and this time the request ignored the perpage and page params, as well as the dateFrom param.

Since it respected the perpage and page params when they were in the URL, I tried adding ALL my params into the URL directly, leaving the param fields blank. Lo and behold! Worked like a charm.

Total: 2 is exactly what I was after!

So yeah, this ended up working. Bugger me if I understand how or why, though.

@finley97544d , thanks for your answer as well! It’s good to get a bit of a theoretical explanation of the cause, as well.