Skip to main content
Question

Get more than 500 rows

How can I get 3000 rows at one time? I setup the Lookup Spreadsheet Rows (output as Line Items) in Google Sheets but it’s limited to 500 rows? Then I thought about creating another zap and starting from the bottom of data but that still only gets me to 1000 rows. I finally attempted to write a google script and add a webhook but I have no clue how to do it on a step-by-step basis. I’m new to this so it’s a lot to digest. Help!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Robo2030 

That can be done using the GSheets API via one of these actions: https://developers.google.com/sheets/api/samples/reading#single-range

• API Request
  • Custom Action (with the help of AI)

Hi @Troy Tessalone, sorry, that doesn’t really help me much. How will one of those actions allow for 3000 rows?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Robo2030 

Because you can create a custom API request to query for a desired range as indicated in the linked example.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Robo2030 

I think the bigger question though, is WHY do you need to get 3k rows from a GSheet?

Perhaps there is a more optimized approach to your problem.

@Troy Tessalone Certainly! I have customer contact information for appointment reminders that we send to clicksend and it’s about 3000 rows of past, current and upcoming appointments.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Robo2030 

You need all 3,000 rows at once?

What are the workflows steps you are trying to configure? (trigger + actions)

If you’re trying to do a 1 time transfer, then it may be more pragmatic to do an export/import of the data between the apps.

@Troy Tessalone Here’s a screenshot of what I’m currently doing:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Robo2030 

Screenshots doesn’t show the first 2 steps for context.

@Troy Tessalone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Robo2030 

To confirm, you are trying to have a weekly scheduled Zap run that finds 3k rows in the GSheet, the loops thru each row to lookup something in a GSheet, then send and SMS?

The purpose of GSheet step 6 is unclear.

Seems like you ought to be using ClickSend Contact Lists to handle the Contact info and SMS sending.

Then you could use this Zap action: ClickSend - Send SMS to Contact List

There are other ClickSend Zap actions related to “Lists” that may be useful.

@Troy Tessalone 

Step 6 filters customers that may not have a phone number

Also, this google sheet is integrated with our companies database and updates every morning. Since we wanted it automated, I didn’t think we could use the clicksend contact lists since those need to be uploaded manually?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Robo2030 

In my professional opinion, I do NOT recommend taking the approach of using Zaps to try to send 3k+ SMS weekly via ClickSend.

• That can become costly.
  • You run the risk of hitting ClickSend API limits for that much activity in a short amount of time.
  • The purpose of ClickSend Contact Lists is to manage a large list of contacts and to handle smooth sending on your behalf.

I can’t image the data for all 3k+ contacts is being updated every morning.

Ideally, only contacts that were actually updated would be acted upon to then be updated in ClickSend.

In ClickSend, Contacts can be created/updated and put in Contact Lists.

SMS can be send out based on Contact Lists.

You should be able to schedule the SMS to be sent weekly in ClickSend.

https://help.clicksend.com/article/thh681s18c-how-to-schedule-a-quick-sms-or-sms-campaign