Best answer

Dynamic dropdown trigger with parameter

I have created a dynamic dropdown input field in my resource which runs a trigger. This trigger makes a request to my api and returns the data as fields only if they’re of the kind ‘post_type’. This works fine but in the future I want to use this input field for multiple zaps, so the following if-statement has to be replaced:

if(content_type_kind == 'post_type')

with something like:

if(content_type_kind == type)

where ‘type’ is a variable which is different for each resource with this input field.

How can I send this variable from my resources to this trigger?

icon

Best answer by Robert Blaauwendraad 17 June 2021, 09:37

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

You will need a way to fetch that variable out of your app. If the end user needs to make a selection then perhaps a dynamic field or a field that alters the next input field. 

Look into input types here: https://platform.zapier.com/docs/input-designer

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Robert Blaauwendraad!

Just checking in here to see if you saw GetUWired’s reply. Was that help guide useful in figuring out how to fetch variables from your app? 

Please let us know how you got on! 

Hey @SamB What GetUWired suggested would work, but I want ‘type’ to be defined based on which create called the function. I did not get it working via dynamic fields yet but I made something similar with a different input field where I made a custom function which creates the fields itself. I hope the feature of sending parameters with dynamic fields and custom input field functions will be added in the future.