Question

Connection error; GA4 with Jobber

• 2 November 2023
  • 4 replies

We are trying to connect GA4 with Jobber using Zapier to track a new request as a Event. When i do a test, I get an error "Failed to create a conversion event in Google Analytics 4. Oops! Something went wrong. Google may be having issues with their API - please try again later."

Can someone help me on this?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Zada Zada 

Good question.

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to help give us context along with the error.

Hi Troy Tessalone,

Attaching screenshots for your reference,

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Zada Zada 

You can try reporting this error by opening a ticket with Zapier Support: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Zapier support said the Event Name being sent to GA4 has to be unique. This causes issues with reporting. We tried using the email address as the event name, so it’d be unique each time. While this records as a conversion, they are all individual and causes issues with reporting. The whole point of recording an event is to categorize it as one type of event, so it can show multiple results each time. It’d be ideal to call it ‘New_Lead’ or whatever, then every time it’s fired it adds another to that event. So we can report on 10 New_Leads for the month. Really hard to see new leads sent if we have to go in and count them manually for each email address sent as an event name.