Best answer

Catch webhook trigger - how to map data fields to Dynamics CRM Lead create step?

• 27 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I have created a zap to catch a webhook from an Elementor form submission. The next step is to create a lead in Dynamics 365 with the data from the form. But, when I try to map fields from the webhook to the lead, there are not any fields to choose from - am I doing something wrongly? I’ve checked the zap history, and it does show the required fields as being received from the form submission (eg First name, email, etc) - so why are these fields not available to map to the lead in the Zapier editor?

icon

Best answer by Alan_H 30 October 2023, 19:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Alan_H 

Good question.

We would need to see screenshots of these:

• how your webhook is configured on the form
  • how your Zap steps are configured
  • DATA OUT from the Zap Run
Userlevel 1

Hi Troy,

Here’s a screenshot of the webhook config (which is working in that when triggered, it will create a lead in D365 CRM, but no fields are mapped - which is where I’m stuck….)

There is only one other step after this - the one to create a lead - but no dynamic fields available to map, it seems:

The is data out correctly:

So my issue is how to map the fields from the data out to the “create lead” step??!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Alan_H 

You need to test the Webhook, then pull thru a real example with real data to use to then configure the Zap action step.

Userlevel 1

Hey Troy,

That helped and has solved my issue! I have the dynamic fields available now, and it’s working fine.

It was the step of using the real data to find the dynamic fields which was missing.

Thank you for help,

BR, Alan