Best answer

Base 64 Code not showing in Zapier

• 14 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi 👋 ,

My app makes an invoice and throws out a base64 pdf code. When I would like to convert it using CloudConvert, Zapier changes the input to this,

{{159018883__base64_pdf}}

It is working in the test but once the Zap is turned on, it throws out the input above and cloud convert or other apps does not work.

Would anyone know how to get it to work? Thank you very much!

icon

Best answer by Danvers 14 June 2022, 16:14

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @joshua.lim!

If you see something like {{159018883__base64_pdf}} in the ‘Data out’ for a Zap, that means that Zapier couldn’t find the field it was looking for. This sometimes happens when data is mapped from a step that’s removed or if the trigger app changes which fields it sends to Zapier. 

The first thing you do is to re-test the step that the base64 pdf is coming from to check that you’re still getting the same fields. If everything looks the same, or you can’t spot anything different, the best thing to do is to get in touch with the Support team (using the Get Help form) as they can dig into your Zap and its logs with you.  I hope that helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@joshua.lim It can be helpful to look at your Zapier history to see what was returned by your app’s step

Userlevel 1

Hi @Danvers & @GetUWired,

Thank you very much for your reply!

I see that my webhook is only throwing out an ID and not the base64 code.

Would you know of a way to make it appear? When testing it the data appears but when it is automated it does not show.

Thank you!

Userlevel 1

This is the test response but when automating it, it disappears :( 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Danvers & @GetUWired,

Thank you very much for your help! Really appreciate it!

I have managed to solve this by placing a delay in between the webhook and the app. 

Cheers,

Joshua