Hello Zapier Community,
Several year user of Zapier and automations to connect multiple sources like Unbounce, MyEmma, SurveyMonkey etc.
I have a new challenge that I’m not sure Zapier is up to but thought I would ask the community.
We are working with a third party to create a daily email list that is based on a triggered action within their proprietary platform. At this time they cannot expose their output endpoint API to us and can only auto-generate a daily flat file and place it on a site (Exavault hosted SFTP or Box being our two preferred locations).
My problem is that this flat file will contain hundreds to thousands of emails. One per row.
I would like to perform the following workflow within Zapier if possible.
- Watch for a new file in a consistent location in either SFTP server or Box. Same file name each day.
- When the new file exists, parse each row as a unique zap action.
- Hand off that email to our ESP (MyEmma) via their API (already know how to do this and am currently using.)
- Use MyEmma automation to determine the prospect journey (new - send invite, existing record - do nothing unless a certain number of days have elapsed.)
- When last row has been parsed, delete or rename flat file.
- Go back to listening for next new file
Steps 3 & 4 are trivial and we already are doing this with other platforms.
The challenge is parsing that flat file. Since this is a many to one action, I’m not sure a Zap workflow can handle - or I need another intermediate task to do the parsing which would look like an incoming API call to Step 3 and beyond.
Anyone doing something similar.
PS - I’ve already asked the third party if we could just use outbound API calls to send the info that they aggregate and transmit each night - but do to some licensing and security constraints, they are only willing to do to do the flat file transmission at this time...
Best answer by williamView original